Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rest In Peace, George Duke.


After crashing from a 36 hour run, i woke up to some extremely unfortunate news. The world has lost yet another GREAT musician, I can't bear to read the details yet... George to me in Hip-Hop, Is definitely up there with the greats (James Brown, Coltrane, & Heron). I hope his journey towards the other life will not bind him from creating, but enhance it, and i wish for him to have eternal peace in the unknown planes. This album is a personal favorite, always a pleasure to listen to, and a euphoric high when chopping up in the sampler.

*

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't hear the news yet. My friend was just talking about his work with Cannonball A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the news from Bootsy Collins facebook, makes me terribly sad. It was too soon and too close too other musical geniuses passings. He will always be remembered in my book.

      Delete